The previous year’s papers and textbooks are not the only study materials or resources required to ace the GATE exams. Whether to increase their career options by joining PSUs, boost their possibilities of getting into well-known ME/ M. Tech courses, or test their academic knowledge in the requisite graduate courses, more and more candidates are now appearing for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
But, what makes acing the GATE an easy job? Besides referring to the reference materials diligently and following the tips and tricks to ace the exams, candidates need to prepare themselves thoroughly by referring to the syllabus of the required stream, like the GATE syllabus for CSE. Computer Science is a trendy paper for GATE exams, same as Electrical, Electronics or Civil Engineering.
List of Reference Materials Required for GATE Exams
Meanwhile, here we have also mentioned some resources or study materials/ tools used to ace the GATE exams.
- The syllabus that helps to plan the studies based on the weightage of topics and marks
- Textbooks to understand the topics and revise them thoroughly
- Mock tests to boost the candidates’ confidence to face the exams
- Sample papers for better practise
- Previous year papers to get a better idea about question paper pattern
Tips to Ace the Exams
Alternatively, here in this article, we have also mentioned some easy hacks and strategies to score well in GATE. Check out these tips and tricks.
- Most candidates are advised to understand the syllabus and exam pattern before the exam
- Textbooks are an excellent resource that explains even the toughest of concepts in easy to understand language
- Take mock tests to self analyse one’s exam preparation level and exam strategies
- Practise sample papers and face the exams more confidently
- Learn to manage the timing while appearing for the exams
- Focus on studies based on marks weightage
- Plan studies after analysing which topic requires more focus
- Candidates are advised to keep notes highlighting key points
- Recall highlights of the subject as needed
- Candidates should focus on both theory and numerical questions
- Avoid making mistakes while writing the exams
- Avoid questions that are doubtful because of negative marking
- Clear all doubts about the chosen subject before the GATE exams
Significance of GATE Syllabus
Finally, we have established that following these tips and keeping track of the updated syllabus is how to approach the GATE exams. The GATE exam syllabus gives an idea about the essential topics and subjects to the candidates. Since the syllabus also comes with stream wise marks and weightage, it helps the students plan their studies better.
Since all the questions in the question paper of the respective subjects for the GATE exams are based on the syllabus, all candidates are also requested to follow the syllabus for the best results. A GATE aspirant who is thorough with the syllabus and has prepared for the exam, based on the marks’ weightage provided in the syllabus, can also easily crack the exams. From all this, we can conclude that the GATE syllabus is crucial to crack the exams.